Date(s) - 05/21/2022
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Course is offered on Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings, the third week of the month.
This course covers the Utah State mandated material required for you to obtain a Utah concealed firearms permit. Included in the course fees are fingerprint cards, a passport photo, a photocopy of your driver license, and a free one hour range pass to the shooting range.
Course Fees: $60.00
State of Utah fees: A non-refundable fee of $53.25 for Utah residents or $63.25 for non-residents.
*Non-residents, who reside in a state that recognizes the Utah CFP, must have a CFP from their state of residence PRIOR TO obtaining a Utah CFP.
– STATE FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE AND ARE PAID DIRECTLY TO THE STATE OF UTAH –
At the end of the course, the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit application will be ready to drop in the mail box.
Groups scheduling a class for 15 or more students will qualify for a reduced price of $50.00 per student.
Minimum requirements for application for a concealed firearms permit in Utah are:
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age
- *Applicants between 18 and 21 years of age may apply for a provisional permit
- Proof of good character…whereas the applicant;
- has not been convicted of a felony;
- has not been convicted of any crime of violence;
- has not been convicted of any offense involving the use of alcohol;
- has not been convicted of any offenses involving the unlawful use of narcotics or other controlled substances;
- has not been convicted of any offenses involving moral turpitude;
- has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence;
- has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reversed
- is qualified to purchase and possess a firearm pursuant to Section 76-10-503 and federal law
*A criminal background check is conducted by Utah BCI for all applicants.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility to obtain your firearm permits, you may contact BCI directly by phone (801) 965-4445 or email to DPSFIREARMS@utah.gov.
ONCE YOU CLICK “SEND YOUR BOOKING” YOU ARE DONE. DO NOT RE-SUBMIT YOUR BOOKING. IT MAY APPEAR AS THOUGH NOTHING HAPPENED, BUT WE ASSURE YOU, YOUR SPACE HAS BEEN BOOKED.